Driver - Sterling, VA
Warehouse Worker/Driver - Sterling, VA
May 19, 2020
Why should you consider this opportunity?
Would you like to be part of a world's leading producer of building materials that inspire architectural and decorative solutions? Are you passionate about distribution of products that inspire the life of many people?
At Cosentino (www.cosentino.com) we are looking for a Hybrid Driver/Warehouse Worker to join our Distribution Center located in Sterling, VA. The Centers are an example of Cosentino’s total commitment to its clients, providing them with exclusive and high-quality service. The Centers combine the functions of (a) warehouse, (b) brand and product showroom, and (c) sales network.
You will join a company:
- With an international mindset and presence in 80+ countries
- With an amazing growth story, sustained by an extraordinary innovation with products such as Silestone®, Dekton® and Sensa by Cosentino®
- In which you will be able to grow your career and develop your leadership skills
What will you be doing?
The Driver/Warehouse Worker is responsible for the preparation, loading/unloading and delivering of Cosentino products safely and efficiently to customers and warehouses.
- Responsible for the effective distribution of Cosentino products; this includes, but is not limited to, utilizing barcode scanners to scan slabs, packaging finished product (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling) and staging finished product
- Assist in the warehouse, as required, to prepare product for loading and unloading for the distribution/collection of materials for clients
- Responsible for moving product by operating forklifts, trucks, overhead cranes, and/or railcars
- Manage and maintain driver’s log book, daily logs, inspection reports of equipment accounting of all freights, etc.
- Responsible for the adherence and execution of DOT regulations and inspections (required maintenance, cargo securement, and hours of service), standard operating procedure (SOPs), Job Safety Analysis (JSAs), and Health and Safety processes
- Maintain communications with operators from other shifts within the warehouse and with managers after each stop on the road
- Responsible for reporting issues for quality control purposes by reviewing all incoming and outgoing product for damaged
- Proactively seek sales opportunities and collect payments from customers, vendors, and/or contractors
- Able to work extended hours
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Class _ Driver’s License (3-5 years) with a clean driving history
- Experience operating warehouse equipment (crane, overhead crane, forklift, etc.)
- Experience & proficiency with DOT Cargo Securement/Load Regulations
- High School Diploma/GED
- Air Break Endorsement required
- Must be able to pass a skilled test (driving test)
- Ability to carry and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Be able to stand for 8 hours or more a day
- Ability to multi task and work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Safety oriented
About Cosentino Group
Cosentino, the world's leading producer of Silestone® quartz surfaces, is a family-owned business. It focuses on the design, production, and distribution of architectural and decorative solutions made from natural stone. It creates and defines leading products that are designed to provide innovative and functional solutions for the home and public spaces under the criteria of careful design, innovation, and environmental respect. The group based its development on international expansion and an innovative research program, which enables it to use the most advanced technology to obtain new materials. Cosentino's activity covers the entire natural stone manufacturing process, from extraction and processing to the installation of quartz surfaces, such as kitchen and bathroom worktops, cladding and other products.
Cosentino, and all its affiliated and subsidiary companies, are equal opportunity employers, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. Cosentino, and all of its affiliated and subsidiary companies, are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Cosentino, and its affiliated and subsidiary companies, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where it operates. Cosentino, and its affiliated and subsidiary companies, will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you are an individual or veteran with a disability who requires any type of accommodation, please contact the People Department at (786) 686-5060 or at our email address: email@example.com.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Delivery, Warehouse, Forklift, Driver, Retail, Manufacturing