Bioinformatics R&D Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Bioinformatics R&D Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Online seit 27.04.2021
Do you have practical experience in data engineering and have a strong interest to be part of this evolving discipline? Do you enjoy working with data and have a broad knowledge of ETL methodologies and practices? In that case, don’t miss the opportunity to become an important player in our growing KWS Research & Development unit to shape the future of knowledge discovery at the interface of molecular research and breeding.
Start with us in fulltime and with an unlimited contract as a Bioinformatics Research & Development (R&D) Data Engineer (m/f/d) at KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA in Einbeck, Lower Saxony.
Your range of tasks will be:
- Within a diverse team of experts, you will establish and further develop a platform for the integration of sensor-based phenotypic, physiological, and environmental data.
- You will mastermind data pipelines combining data originating from different data domains in molecular research and breeding to bring Data science and knowledge discovery to a new level at KWS.
- You will collect requirements and implement a concept for an integrated data architecture for sensor-based data.
- You are responsible for the provision and reliability of ETL-pipelines to support automated analysis-workflows.
- You will later work closely with professional software developers to oversee the transition of the integration and knowledge discovery platform into a user-friendly productive system.
- University degree in Data Engineering, Bioinformatics with strong background in programming and data integration practices or comparable qualification
- Ability and enthusiasm to work with complex data as well as a high level of commitment and independent, pro-active, goal-oriented work
- Experience in working with different database architectures (SQL/RDBMs, NoSQL like Triple-Store, Neo4J, data lake systems etc.) and ability to choose the right technology for a given task
- Combination of strong programming skills (like Python, web-based technologies like Ruby on Rails, ...)
- Confident use of GIT and Linux; experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery platforms is a plus, first experience with cloud-technologies is an advantage
- Strong interest to survey, quickly understand and evaluate new libraries, frameworks, and tools in the evolving area of data engineering
- Basic knowledge of plant biology/breeding as well as interest or knowledge of statistical methods and principles is a plus
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken; German skills are an advantage
That is our offer to you:
- In this role you will work close together with the scientific and IT area of KWS, so you have the chance combine both world and advantages.
- As a family-run company we are guided by the values of team spirit, proximity and trust, independence, and vision; this culture is lived in practice creating thus an open and friendly working atmosphere.
- True to our motto Make yourself grow, we support employees’ professional and personal development.
- We offer excellent work equipment (e.g. ergonomic workstations, several monitors, air conditioning, high-end technical equipment), a fully-fledged, subsidized canteen and sufficient free parking spaces at the office.
- We offer capital formation benefits, Christmas and holiday bonuses, childcare allowance and a job bike.
- Health & Safety are very important for us: our company doctor, company fire brigade / paramedics (with time credit) and company sports create a solid base for this.
Drive your career forward and grow in your tasks with this KWS work opportunity! We look forward to receiving your digital application (cover letter, CV, relevant certificates) via our job portal.
Art der Beschäftigung
Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
Unbefristet, ab Dienstag, 01 Juni 2021
KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA
37555 Einbeck, Deutschland
Frau Cristina Toma
Per E-Mail teilen
](mailto: ?subject=Stellenwerk Jobempfehlung: Bioinformatics R&D_Data_Engineer_(m/f/d)=&body=Hallo,
ich habe ein spannendes Stellenangebot auf Stellenwerk Göttingen gefunden und an dich weitergeleitet.
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.